The 2017 Oratorical Contest Rules:
Topic: "What the World Gains from Optimism"
Saturday, March 4th, 2017 9:00am PLEASE REGISTER BELOW
- Each contestant must fill out and submit an OFFICIAL APPLICATION
- Students must be no older than 18 as of 10/1/2016
- All contestants must show proof of age. Birth certificate or Passport is acceptable
- Male and female students compete separately
- Speeches shall be 4 to 5 minutes in length
- No use of props or special costumes are permitted
- All speeches must be delivered in English
- All copyright material must be verbally identified
- The student is not permitted to identify him/herself, parents, school, or community
- Each contestant must identify the official topic at the beginning of the speech
If any questions or additional information is needed, please contact Laura Horvath - email@example.com 614-832-5557
The 2017 Oratorical Contest Results Are Here!
The Contest took place on March 4th, 2017. The winners are:
1st Place for Girls: Zahel Khuro
2nd Place for Girls: Anjali Tewari
3rd Place for Girls: Irshad Molla
1st Place for Boys: Rahul Manne
2nd Place for Boys: Carter Gaines
3rd Place for Boys: Jared Emch
The Optimist Oratorical Contest gives students the chance to speak to the world. More than $150,000 in college scholarships are awarded annually from this program.
First conducted in 1928, this is the second most popular Optimist International Program. Nearly 2,000 clubs participate in this program each year. The winners at the Club level receive medallions and Zone winners receive a plaque. Districts have the opportunity to provide two $3,500 scholarships.